Foundation / Corporation
The Community Foundation of Mendocino County (CFMC) - Field-of-Interest Funds
01/15/19 5:00 PM
Grants ranging from $5,000 to $10,000 to Mendocino County, California nonprofits for programs that promote economic development in the local area. Funding is intended for education, community and business development, workforce development, and to support entrepreneurship. Grants are available in two categories: Small Business and Entrepreneurship Development and Workforce Development.
Small Business and Entrepreneurship Development in Mendocino County includes:
- Infrastructure and support resources for start-ups and small businesses
- Technical assistance for mission-driven earned income strategies for non-profit organizations (i.e. guidance on how to test the feasibility of a business concept, how to gain the support of the board and general public for the effort, how to identify business savvy personnel to run it, and how to learn the basics of marketing, sales and customer service).
- Internal capacity-building of local non-profit community and economic development partners (EDFC, MPIC, West Company) to align collaborations and implement best practices
- K-16 Entrepreneurial curriculum/classes.
Workforce Development in Mendocino County:
- Collaborative projects between businesses and educational institutions focusing on job training and certification programs that are vocational and/or business related.
- Job training for employment in the agriculture, manufacturing, health care, natural resources or tourism sectors of the county.
- Certifications leading to employment in the agriculture, manufacturing, health care, natural resources or tourism sectors of the county.
- Work readiness programs for high school students interested in employment opportunities in local businesses.
Eligible programs must:
- Have “proof of concept” (business has been formalized in some fashion and made a sale or the program has been piloted, proven successful, and has demonstrated local demand);
- Avoid duplication of products, services and programs.
GrantWatch ID#: 184736
Grant range: $5,000 - $10,000
Timeline should begin near the award date in April 2019 and conclude no later than April 1, 2020.
Only non-profits may apply (for-profits must work through Economic Development Finance Corporation or West Company).
To apply, organizations may not have an open Field-of-Interest grant and all previous reporting must be successfully completed. In addition, applicant organizations must:
- Serve residents of Mendocino County. Applicants not headquartered in Mendocino County must ensure that all grant dollars requested are spent within the County;
- Be legally chartered in California and in possession of determination letter from the IRS declaring the organization a public charity that is exempt from federal income tax under Section 501(c)(3); or be a school district, tribe, or special district (e.g. community services, recreation, fire protection); or have an aligned mission with a fiscal sponsor;
- Have two years of operational history;
- Conduct business without discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, national origin, or religious affiliation.
Applicants may not use grants for:
- Political contributions or to support political campaigns or lobbying;
- Influencing the outcome of or participate in any public election or to carry on, directly or indirectly, any voter registration drive;
- Purposes other than those which are religious, charitable, scientific, literary, or educational within the meaning of Section 170 (c)(2)(B) of the Internal Revenue Code;
- Purposes other than those stated in the grant award.
Applications are due online by January 15, 2019 at 5:00 PM.
Applicants are strongly encouraged to apply at least 5 days in advance of the deadline to resolve any technical difficulties or unforeseen Internet connectivity issues. Applicants can access a list of questions and the budget form, and are encouraged to complete them in advance to facilitate the online application process.
Grants recipients will be notified of award by April 5, 2019.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Grants are submitted online: https://www.grantrequest.com/SID_2295?SA=SNA&FID=35065
Please email your questions to:
Michelle Rich, Director of Grants and Programs
Or call: 707-468-9882
USA: California: Mendocino County