City of Rockville
Grants ranging from $500 to $1,000 to Rockville, Maryland neighborhood associations, community groups, and groups of neighbors for programs that strengthen and improve local neighborhoods and communities throughout the City. Funding is intended to support livability initiatives, community improvement projects, and programs or projects that promote the development or sustainability of a neighborhood association or community group.
Community Empowerment Grants help neighbors work together to accomplish common goals that support the overall health, vitality and inclusivity of the place they call "home."
The Community Empowerment Grant Program has three primary objectives. Grant applications may address any or all the objectives and no single objective is prioritized higher than the other two for funding. The objectives are:
- Building Community. The funds may be used for programs or projects that promote the development or sustainability of a neighborhood association or community group.
- Community Improvement Projects. The funds may be used to improve the shared space within a neighborhood or to strengthen community identity. This may include items such as landscape improvements and maintenance, signage, bus shelters, natural features management, benches, painting, or certain exterior improvements. Bonus points will be awarded if two or more neighborhoods/community groups work together on a project.
- Livability Initiatives. Funds may be used to provide education and outreach opportunities that strengthen the social connections in a neighborhood or between two or more community groups/neighborhoods. Funds may be used for initiatives such as increased safety, addressing a neighborhood challenge or conflict, serving senior low-income community members, or offering ways to welcome newcomers to Rockville.
GrantWatch ID#: 184855
Applications are typically in the range of $500 to $1,000 each.
All funds provided through this grant are subject to taxes.
Funds must be used by December 16, 2019.
- Neighborhood/civic/homeowner’s associations.
- Community groups.
- Groups of neighbors.
Funding will benefit an area within the Rockville city limits.
The applicant group must consist of a minimum of five members.
If the applicant group represents an established group such as an HOA, civic association or other community groups, documentation must be provided that the applicant is applying on their behalf.
The application deadline is January 14, 2019.
Award Notification will be by January 28, 2019.
The City of Rockville offers these grants to neighbors and organizations who are willing to match funding through cash, in-kind donation and volunteer hours.
- December 14, 2018 - Applications open.
- January 14, 2019 - Applications are due.
- January 28, 2019 - Notification to recipients.
- February 14, 2019 - Funds are available.
- December 27, 2019 - Grant recipients deadline to present documentation to prove usage of funds.
Successful grant recipients must authorize one individual to manage the grant contracts and funds.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
To apply online:
For questions, contact:
City of Rockville
111 Maryland Ave.
Rockville, MD 20850
USA: Maryland: Rockville