Foundation / Corporation
Vancouver International Mountain Film Festival (VIMFF) and ARC’TERYX
Grants of $5,000 to emerging Canada filmmakers for the development and production of locally made mountain and adventure films. Grant recipients will also have the chance to be mentored during the filmmaking process by the Fund's in-house and professional team of media experts. The winning film will premiere at the Vancouver International Mountain film festival the following year.
Funding is intended to help kick-start the careers of local filmmakers and enable them to produce a film they have been dreaming of. The Fund's goal is to support the development of Canadian adventure filmmakers and bring the resulting story to the VIMFF screen for the community to enjoy.
The proposed film topic must be in line with the activities that VIMFF and ARC’TERYX support and encourage. Therefore, the film topic must profile self-propelled wilderness oriented adventures.
The proposed film must be no longer than 20 minutes.
GrantWatch ID#: 184929
The winning filmmaker will be awarded $5,000 CAN to be used toward the production of their film project. They will also get the opportunity to be mentored throughout the process by the ARC’TERYX professional and in-house media team.
The supported film project will be produced between February 2019 and January 2020.
Individuals must be Canadian residents and be residing within Canada.
- Film participants must be extensively prepared, through both physical training and gear preparation.
- Recipients must be self-reliant and carry appropriate safety gear and communication devices relevant for the location and activity.
- Participants must minimize environmental impacts and practice safe, responsible use of the outdoors.
- Applications will be accepted from November 13th 2018 until January 15th 2019.
- Recipients of the filmmaker grant will be awarded at the VIMFF festival in February 2019.
- The supported film project will be produced between February 2019 and January 2020.
- The final film will premiere at the 23rd annual VIMFF in February 2020.
About VIMFF: https://vimff.org/about/
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Applications should be emailed to email@example.com, with the subject title: “Application to Adventure Film Grant.”
17-1745 Fell Avenue
North Vancouver, BC, Canada
Canada: Alberta British Columbia Manitoba New Brunswick Newfoundland and Labrador Northwest Territories Nova Scotia Nunavut Ontario Prince Edward Island Quebec Saskatchewan Yukon