City of Miami Beach Arts and Culture, Cultural Arts Council
02/22/19 4:00 PM EST
Grants to Miami Beach, Florida nonprofits and cultural departments of IHEs for the production of artistic or cultural events in the City. Applicants must submit an LOI prior to applying. Funding is intended for all artistic disciplines and for multi-disciplinary events.
All artistic disciplines, including dance, music, theater, film, visual arts, and multi-disciplinary events are encouraged to apply.
Allowable Grant Expenditures:
- Artistic and technical fees directly related to the proposed program or event
- Production costs related to the proposed program, project, or event
- Equipment rental and expendable materials
- Equipment rental and personnel necessary to provide program accessibility as mandated by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973
GrantWatch ID#: 184980
Projects must occur between October 1st, 2019 - September 30th, 2020.
Cultural Presenters is open to nonprofit, 501 (c) 3 cultural organizations and cultural departments within institutions of higher learning (colleges or universities) with tax-exempt status under other subsections of 501 (c) 3 wishing to present or produce cultural and artistic events within the City of Miami Beach.
An organization may submit only one grant application each grant year.
Organizations that received prior year Cultural Affairs grant funding and that did not comply with the Grant Agreement and/or other requirements pursuant to same are ineligible to apply. Additionally, organizations which received funding from the Miami Beach Visitor and Convention Authority (VCA) during the same fiscal year are not eligible to apply.
Grant funds may not be used towards:
- Projects that are primarily recreational, political, therapeutic, vocational, rehabilitative or intended solely for practitioners of a specific religion.
- Remuneration of City of Miami Beach employees for any services rendered as part of a project receiving a grant from Cultural Affairs grants programs.
- Administrative salaries or fees.
- "Bricks and mortar" or permanent equipment; unless the purchase price is less than the cost of rental.
- City of Miami Beach services (City permit fees, off-duty police, insurance, electrician, etc.).
- Debt reduction.
- Indirect or general operating costs related to the operation of the organization.
- Travel or transportation.
- Social/fundraising events, beauty pageants, or sporting events.
- Hospitality costs, including decorations or affiliate personnel with the exception of artists.
- Cash prizes.
- Lobbying or propaganda materials.
- Charitable contributions.
- Events not open to the public; unless the event serves to specifically benefit City of Miami Beach government.
- Insurance fees.
Grants Program Submission Timeline
- Pre-Application Available: Tuesday, January 15, 4:00 pm EST
- Pre-Application Deadline: Tuesday, January 29, 4:00 pm EST
- Full Application Available: Friday, February 1, 4:00 pm EST
- Full Application Deadline 1: Friday, February 22, 4:00 pm EST
- Staff Review and Response Period: Monday, February 25 - Friday, March 1
- Full Application Resubmission Deadline: Friday, March 8, 2019, 4:00 pm EST
- Cultural Affairs Council Panel Meetings: May 2, 2019 and June 6, 2019
- City Commission Budget Meeting: End of September 2019
- Annual Grantee Workshop (Required): End of September 2019
A mandatory dollar for dollar ($1 to $1) match is applicable to all grants programs. Grant applicants must demonstrate this match through cash, other matching grants, and/or in-kind contributions (in-kind contributions cannot exceed 25% of total cash project budget).
A staff consultation prior to submitting your pre-application is not mandatory. However, if your pre-application is selected to complete a full grant application and you are for the first time, a qualified cultural organization, you must schedule an initial consultation with Cultural Affairs staff.
All organizations must be registered as Lobbyists with the City of Miami Beach City Clerk’s office prior to presenting to the Grant Panelists. Nonprofit organizations are exempt from paying the fee but must still register. For more information, see the following link.
For further information:
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Register and Apply Online:
Catherine Houlihan, Grants and Operations Administrator
305-673-7577 ext. 6374
Brandi Reddick, Cultural Affairs Program Manager
305-673-7577 ext. 6256
Tourism, Culture and Economic Development
1755 Meridian Ave, Suite 500, 5th Floor
Miami Beach, FL 33139
USA: Florida: City of Miami Beach