Nevada Arts Council (NAC)
Grants of $15,000 to Nevada counties, government agencies, and institutions for collaborative community-based arts projects that promote change and foster community engagement. Funding is intended to address the needs and challenges that communities face and to engage community members in arts experiences. Projects may include a variety of components to achieve objectives, such as programming, campaigns, installations, performances, or arts/community engagement activities.
This two-year grant funds collaborative and community based projects that:
- Address a demonstrated community challenge or need through an arts-based approach (examples include access to healthcare, pedestrian safety, homelessness, support for a specific population, or economic revitalization)
- Engage the community in shared arts experiences and provide opportunities for community members to create or contribute ideas to a work of art
- Include a project team with at least one partner organization and at least one Nevada resident artist serving a central role in project design and implementation.
Funds may be used for a variety of expenses, including artist fees, production, marketing, consultants, planning, education, and program evaluation. Applications selected for CIG funding are awarded in full.
GrantWatch ID#: 185035
- The two-year grant amount is $15,000 ($7,500/year).
This grant is awarded in a two-year cycle. Grant activity period: July 1, 2019 - June 30, 2021.
- Applicant must be a Nevada-based county or municipal government agency or public institution
- Applicant must form a project team that includes at least one partner organization in addition to the applicant and at least one Nevada resident artist. This grant is awarded to the applying local government agency/public institution, so it does not preclude the project partners from receiving another NAC grant.
- Proposed project must take place in Nevada.
NAC cannot fund:
- General operating support
- Any portion of projects that duplicate costs in grants pending with, or received directly from, the NEA
- Any portion of the same project in multiple grant applications in which duplicate costs are projected during any fiscal year
- Any portion of completed projects
- Capital expenditures for land or general purpose equipment with a cost over $2,500
- Cash prizes
- Costs related to filing for 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status with the Internal Revenue Service
- Competition awards
- Projects sponsored by organizations that are incorporated as for-profit
- Travel outside Canada, Mexico, the United States, and its territories and possessions
- Fundraising efforts or the money spent to raise additional funds
- Hospitality or entertainment expenses
- Journalism, historical or academic documentary film and electronic media arts that do not demonstrate significant artistic emphasis, consideration, and distinction
- Reduction of debts
- Legal fees or litigation costs
- Renovation, remodeling, restoration or new construction
- Costs for receptions, parties, fundraising, benefits, or other hospitality functions, including food purchase not included in per diem allowance
- Fines and penalties
- Reserve funds
- Student scholarships/awards for student work
- Preparation for, or travel to, competitions (except for Poetry Out Loud participants)
- Lobbying expenses
- Costs of competition awards
- Publication subvention
The application deadline is April 12, 2019.
During the two fiscal years of their grant, Community Impact Grantees may apply for Art Learning Express Grants, but are ineligible for other NAC grants.
A 1:1 project-specific match is required. At least 50% of the match must be cash and up to 50% of the match can be in-kind contributions.
Application Resources: http://nvculture.org/nevadaartscouncil/grants/resources-for-grant-applicants/
Grant FAQs: http://nvculture.org/nevadaartscouncil/grants-faq/
How to Use the New Online Grant System (video): https://youtu.be/2h6fgGx3aOk
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Apply Online: https://nevadaartscouncil.submittable.com/submit
For technical questions regarding your online account:
Submittable Technical Support
Phone: (855) 467-8264, ext. 2
Shoshana Zeldner (Northern Nevada)
Michelle Patrick (Southern Nevada)
Carson City Office
716 N. Carson St., Ste A
Carson City, NV 89701