Foundation / Corporation
Jewish Heritage Fund for Excellence (JFHE)
Grants to Kentucky nonprofit organizations to strengthen local Jewish organizations and programming. Applicants are required to discuss their funding requests before submitting an application. Funding is intended to reduce barriers and provide opportunities for Jewish individuals and their families to engage in Jewish life, and to flourish as individuals and members of a larger community.
Funding requests should align with one or more of the following strategic priorities:
- Spiritual, cultural, and social programs to grow individuals’ Jewish identity and sense of belonging and connection to the Jewish community
- Programs and initiatives that strengthen Jewish organizations
- Programs in the broader community that celebrate and build awareness of Jewish culture, heritage, history, and contributions
GrantWatch ID#: 185239
An organization’s project or program is carried out during the grant period.
To be eligible for a JHFE grant, an organization must be a charitable nonprofit organization with services located in Louisville or within the Commonwealth of Kentucky with tax-exempt classification from the Internal Revenue Service.
JHFE does not generally provide support for the following:
- Individuals or endowments
- Sponsorships or fundraising events
- Capital campaigns (by invite only)
- Lobbying efforts or political campaigns
- General operating support
Deadline: Jewish Life Application: April 1 to April 30
Before completing an application, the JFHE would like to discuss the applicant's request for funding.
Note that new users to the grants portal will first need to register.
For grant guidelines: https://jewishheritagefund.com/grants-policies-guidelines/
For Grant information: https://jewishheritagefund.com/grant-information/grants-information/
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
For registeration: https://www.grantrequest.com/CreateAccount.aspx?ReturnUrl=%2faccountmanager.aspx%3fSA%3dAM%26sid%3d1825&SA=AM&sid=1825
For more information and to discuss your funding request:
Jaime Schwartz, JHFE Program Officer
Jewish Heritage Fund for Excellence
101 S. 5th Street
Louisville, KY 40202
USA: Kentucky: Louisville and Statewide