New Hampshire State Council on the Arts (NHSCA)
05/10/19 11:59 PM EST
Grants ranging from $250 to $1,000 to New Hampshire professional artists and art teachers for career advancement opportunities. Funding is intended to support experiences that will promote artists and small businesses, including participating in programs to develop the quality of their art, business skill development, and participating in programs that will bring their art to the widest possible markets. Awards are based on the quality of the proposed opportunity and its potential to impact the artist's career.
- Attendance at professional development training, workshops, conferences or non-degree-granting classes to increase business, community facilitation and/or artistic skills, such as marketing, business plan development, financial management, legal concerns, pricing visual artworks, evaluating and working with literary agents, and master classes for artists, performers and craftspeople.
- An invitation to present your work in a significant way that will expose your work to new audiences;
- Development of promotional marketing materials, including websites, social media, digital portfolios and printed materials. Note: promotional materials must not be for sale.
Equitable geographic distribution of awards will be considered as part of the review process.
GrantWatch ID#: 185415
Funding requests may be made for $250 - $1,000.
Projects occurring between July 1, 2019- June 30, 2020
Who May Apply?
Professional New Hampshire artists, 18 years of age or over, who devote a majority of their time to practicing, performing and/or teaching an arts discipline and whose payment for work in that discipline during the past year is 50% or more of total income. Applicants must also have been New Hampshire residents for at least one full year and still be residents at the time grants are awarded. Exception: Juried NH Roster, Directory or Listing artists who live within 10 miles of the border and can demonstrate that over 50% of their work is for New Hampshire audiences are also eligible.
Adjunct faculty are eligible to apply.
Who May Not Apply?
- Current undergraduate or graduate students.
- Artists who have already received an Artist Entrepreneurial Grant in the current Fiscal Year (July 1 – June 30)
- Artists who have received three successive grants (must take one Fiscal Year off).
- Full-time faculty at a college or university are not eligible to apply.
This program does not support:
- Creation of new work
- Equipment purchases
- Costs associated with producing a music recording (CD or DVD) or the publication of a book
- Costs for framing artwork
- Subscriptions and memberships
- Financial aid to pursue degree-granting opportunities
- Previously incurred debts or deficits
- Travel costs that exceed current state per diems
- The presentation (e.g., exhibit) of artwork in a non-public venue
- Costs associated with international travel
- Research projects
Please refer to the full list of ineligible expenses: http://www.nh.gov/nharts/grants/basics/glossary.htm#i
Grants workshops were held in February and early-March. FY20 Grant Workshop PowerPoint Presentation Slides can be found in Supporting Documents, below.
Applications must be completed online by 11:59 PM on May 10, 2019. Grant notification may take up to 10 weeks after the application deadline.
Applicants are strongly encouraged to schedule an appointment and discuss their applications with the grant coordinator before writing and submitting applications. Drafts of narrative questions may be reviewed if submitted by email at least two weeks in advance of the application deadline. First time applicants are especially encouraged to submit drafts.
Grants must be matched on a one-to-one basis.
Artist Entrepreneurial Grants Tutorial (video):
Budget Tutorial: https://youtu.be/t9AcB331aZI
Grant Workshop information: https://www.nh.gov/nharts/grants/basics/grantworkshops.htm
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Apply online: https://nharts.submittable.com/submit/132255/fy2020-artist-entrepreneurial-grants
For questions about this program, contact:
Ginnie Lupi, Coordinator
For questions about the online application system, contact Submittable Technical Support: firstname.lastname@example.org
855-467-8264, ext 2
USA: New Hampshire