Foundation / Corporation
Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation - Global Grand Challenges
04/10/19 11:30 AM Pacific Daylight Time
Grants to USA, Canada, and International nonprofits, for-profit companies, agencies, and IHEs to increase global demand for vaccinations. Funding is intended for innovative ideas that will help raise the number of vaccinated children worldwide. Approaches should provide practical knowledge about vaccines and vaccinations service to caregivers, and improve the convenience and/or caregiver seeking of vaccination services.
Successful proposals will include:
- A clear hypothesis underlying the proposed approach to improve immunization programs and/or improving the user experience of beneficiaries;
- Details on the design and pilot testing of the approach in their application, including proposed pilot location.
- A plan for evaluating the effectiveness of the approach for improved measurement of the immunization program and/or improving the user experience of beneficiaries;
- Outline of the design of the proposed approach/intervention; and,
- Innovations that involve building on, disrupting, or adapting existing systems. Successful proposals will describe how their approach would work within existing health systems or what change would need to occur within health systems for their approach to be effective.
Additionally, the Foundation will consider proposals in low-income countries that:
- Are based on human-centered design principles
- Utilize latest thinking in social, economic, and behavioral research
- Do not increase burden upon frontline health workers
- Minimize perverse incentives (including incentives for falsification)
- Are relevant in multiple developing country settings
- Constitute transformative rather than incremental improvements and are deliverable and scalable in low-income countries.
The work proposed in an application must include a clear set of key experiments or activities that test the proposed idea in a way that could provide sufficient evidence to warrant funding. Proposals with vague descriptions or vague testing methodologies will not be funded.
All awardees will be permitted to contract for services, up to a maximum of $49,999 USD. This limit applies to funds paid by an awardee to any other organization (or an individual employed at another organization) as a subcontractor, including payments to co-PIs working at another organization. Awardees are entitled to purchase equipment, provided that the cost of each item is less than $5,000 USD. Phase I project funds may be used to cover the full direct costs of the project.
GrantWatch ID#: 185425
- Awards of up to $100,000 USD are made in Phase I. Phase I awardees have one opportunity to apply for a follow-on Phase II award of up to $1,000,000 USD.
- Awarded projects start date is November 1, 2019.
- Phase I projects have a term of 18 months beginning on the project start date
- Phase II funding has a grant term of up to two years.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Apply online: https://gce.gatesfoundation.org/_layouts/GCE/Pages/login.aspx
Please direct all questions by e-mail to: GCEhelp@gatesfoundation.org.
USA: Alabama; Alaska; Arizona; Arkansas; California; Colorado; Connecticut; Delaware; Florida; Georgia; Hawaii; Idaho; Illinois; Indiana; Iowa; Kansas; Kentucky; Louisiana; Maine; Maryland; Massachusetts; Michigan; Minnesota; Mississippi; Missouri; Montana; Nebraska; Nevada; New Hampshire; New Jersey; New Mexico; New York City; New York; North Carolina; North Dakota; Ohio; Oklahoma; Oregon; Pennsylvania; Rhode Island; South Carolina; South Dakota; Tennessee; Texas; Utah; Vermont; Virginia; Washington, DC; Washington; West Virginia; Wisconsin; Wyoming
USA Territories: American Samoa (USA) Guam (USA) Puerto Rico (USA) Virgin Islands (USA) Northern Mariana Islands (USA)
USA Compact Free Associations: The Federated States of Micronesia (USA) Marshall Islands (USA) Republic of Palau (USA)
Canada: Alberta British Columbia Manitoba New Brunswick Newfoundland and Labrador Northwest Territories Nova Scotia Nunavut Ontario Prince Edward Island Quebec Saskatchewan Yukon
International country outside of the USA, Israel and Canada.