National Network of Libraries of Medicine (NNLM) Pacific Southwest Region (PSR)
04/12/19 - For priority consideration
Grants of up to $10,000 to Arizona, California, Hawaii, Nevada, American Samoa, Guam, and Northern Mariana Islands libraries and other member organizations for infrastructure and technology support. Funding is intended for infrastructure that ensures access to health information in libraries and other organizations, including hardware and software that enhance the capacity of a library or organization to improve health literacy, provide services to underserved communities, and create awareness of the All of Us Research program.
The National Library of Medicine (NLM) has partnered with the NIH All of Us Research Program to improve consumer access to high-quality health information in communities throughout the United States, specifically by working with public libraries and other organizations. The mission of the All of Us Research Program is to speed up health research and medical breakthroughs by recruiting one million people to help researchers create individualized prevention, treatment, and care plans.
- Install electronic displays, kiosks, or computers for public areas such as library public service areas, clinic waiting rooms, nursing ward stations, and library lobbies
- Establish a mobile workstation with equipment (such as a laptop, printer, wifi hotspot, projector, rolling cart) to be used when providing information services outside of the library or department
- Facilitate the use of mobile devices to access health information at the point-of-need, such as for emergency responders or patient care teams on bedside rounds
- Equip community health workers with mobile technologies to aid in providing remote instruction
- Install adaptive hardware and software to better enable individuals with disabilities to access computer-based health information
- Upgrade equipment in a computer lab or learning center to facilitate hands-on computer-based instruction
- Experiment with emerging technologies such as virtual/augmented reality, 3D printing, or smart devices used for health information access.
- Create unique web-based health information literacy tutorials, learning modules, mobile applications, or infographics
- Develop digital literacy tutorials, programs or services especially designed to meet the needs of underserved populations
- Install or improving wireless internet in the library.
Projects that incorporate the following will receive priority consideration:
- One or more awareness components of the All of Us Research Program (e.g., links to official website and information, digital displays with messaging, co-branding on equipment, or displays with posters, bookmarks, or brochures)
- An awareness component of National Library of Medicine resources, such as MedlinePlus, ClinicalTrials.gov, PubMed, or another NLM resource
- A focus on underserved populations or those who are underrepresented in biomedical research.
GrantWatch ID#: 185496
Number of Awards Available: 7
Up to $10,000 per award
Funding Period is Wednesday, May 1, 2019 to Thursday, April 30, 2020.
Any institution that is a current member or partner of a current member of NNLM PSR is eligible to apply. Network membership is free and open to institutions interested in providing health information. Join here: https://nnlm.gov/members/join-network
PSR proudly serves: Arizona, California, Hawaii, Nevada, and US Territories in the Pacific Basin.
Food, promotional items and furniture are not allowable expenses. Promotional items include, but are not limited to: clothing and commemorative items such as pens, mugs/cups, folders/folios, lanyards, and conference bags that are sometimes provided to visitors, employees, grantees, or conference attendees.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Submit your application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Subject "All of Us Technology Improvement Award."
NNLM Pacific Southwest Region
12-077 Center for the Health Sciences
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1798
USA: Arizona; California; Hawaii; Nevada
USA Territories: American Samoa (USA) Guam (USA) Northern Mariana Islands (USA)