Nevada Arts Council (NAC)
Grants of up to $1,500 to Nevada artists for the creation and presentation of arts projects. Funding is intended for a wide range of artistic projects, such as performances, exhibitions, concerts, readings, the creation of portfolios, and publicity activities in connection with the arts project.
In partnership with schools, artists, arts institutions, and communities the Nevada Arts Council works to bring a diversity of art forms and audiences together in Nevada's urban centers and rural towns. The NAC supports a breadth of public programs from folklife festivals to youth artwork projects, and concert series to visual arts exhibits. These programs contribute to the health and diversity of Nevada's economy and workforce, increasing tourism, strengthening communities, and fostering education through the arts.
GrantWatch ID#: 185636
Up to $1,500
Cycle A: For projects July 1 - December 31
Cycle B: For projects January 1 - June 30
- Must be a current Nevada resident and have been in residence for at least one year prior to the date of the grant application
- Must be a U.S. citizen or have legal resident status
- Must be at least 21 years old
- Must not be enrolled as a degree-seeking student
Artists working in collaborations must file one joint application with one person as the primary applicant.
PGA grantees may receive a Professional Development Grant and up to two Arts Learning Express Grants in the same fiscal year, but are ineligible for other NAC grants, including the Artist Fellowship and Fellowship Project Grants.
PGA funds may not be used for:
- Expenses outside the 6-month cycle
- Purchase of permanent equipment that exceeds $500
- Curating another artist's exhibition
- Attending classes/workshops; requests for funds to attend classes and workshops must be submitted through the Professional Development Grant.
- Presenting or teaching a class/workshop
- Artist Fee Restrictions: No more than $300 of the awarded grant amount can go directly to the applicant for artist fees (fees to other artists are not restricted).
For additional grant funding restrictions, see:
The Nevada Arts Council conducted a series of Grant Workshops throughout the state in January 2019. The following webinar covers all of the material presented in the workshops and focuses on the Nevada Arts Council’s new grant programs for Fiscal Year 2020, applying for a grant using our new online grant management system, as well as preparing competitive and compelling grant applications. New applicants and current grantees are encouraged to review this webinar before applying for a FY20 grant.
Grant workshop webinar (video): https://youtu.be/09YxL_yspUY
The Project Grant for Artists is awarded twice a year. Cycle 1 deadline is April 26, 2019. Deadline for Cycle 2 is November 1, 2019.
How to use the online grant system (video): https://youtu.be/2h6fgGx3aOk
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Complete application questions and submit all required support material online at: https://nevadaartscouncil.submittable.com/submit
Submittable Technical Support:
Phone: (855) 467-8264, ext. 2
Sierra Scott, Grants Specialist