Foundation / Corporation
Paso del Norte Health Foundation (PdNHF)
Grants to western Texas, southern New Mexico, and northern Mexico nonprofit organizations, churches, and government agencies in the Paso del Norte region for behavioral health programs. A letter of intent must be submitted prior to the full application. Eligible regions include El Paso and Hudspeth Counties in west Texas, Doña Ana, Luna, and Otero Counties in southern New Mexico, and Ciudad Juárez, Chihuahua in northern Mexico.
The Paso del Norte Health Foundation seeks LOIs to consider for programs informed by regional behavioral health consortia that address behavioral health system gaps not otherwise covered by government or reimbursed by health coverage.
The programs will help meet the Health Foundation’s goal for Behavioral Health Consortia efforts to “increase coordination and communication among regional stakeholders to improve the system of care.”
GrantWatch ID#: 185748
The Board of Directors may approve multi-year grants; however, grants are evaluated at least annually.
Eligible applicants include nonprofit tax-exempt organizations, including churches and units of government, located in the Paso del Norte region.
The Paso del Norte Health Foundation (Health Foundation) is bound by a set of priorities and guidelines in the grant-making process. Some of the restrictions include: no unsolicited grant applications, no brick or mortar, and no direct payment for illness treatment services.
The following are generally not funded unless they are part of a more comprehensive and coordinated Health Foundation initiative or otherwise significantly contribute and strategically connected to a Health Foundation Priority Area:
- Biomedical, bench, or basic research
- For-profit organizations
- Capital campaigns; brick and mortar; construction
- Indirect costs on pass-through expenses
- Debt retirement or operating deficits
- Grants to individuals
- Endowments Make up for government funding shortfalls or supplant other funding sources
- Fundraising events Political campaigns or voter registration drives
- Medical bills, medical services/devices, or medication
- Religious purposes
- Lobbying work not impacting the service region
- Programs not matching a priority area
- Unsolicited proposals
- Scholarships or fellowships
- Drives for or provision of supplies, such as: blankets, food, fans, school supplies, and the like.
Deadlines & schedule:
- Letters of intent are due via the Health Foundation’s on-line application system by May 16, 2019.
- Invitations for full proposals will be announced by June 4,2019.
- Full proposals are due by July 18, 2019.
- Projected funding cycle start date is November 1, 2019, but other dates may be proposed.
For Grantmaking Guidelines: https://pdnhf.org/grant_center/funding_resources
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Online application portal: https://www.grantrequest.com/SID_2308?SA=SNA&FID=35193
Paso Del Norte Health Foundation
221 N. Kansas, Suite 1900
El Paso, Texas 79901
(Located in the Wells Fargo Plaza)
USA: New Mexico: Doña Ana, Luna, and Otero Counties; Texas: El Paso and Hudspeth Counties
International country outside of the USA, Israel and Canada.