Cultural Assets Commission (CAC) of Hillsborough County
08/02/19 5:00 PM Local Time
Grants to Hillsborough County, Florida nonprofit organizations for unique festivals and events that strengthen communities and promote place-making. Funding is intended for new and expanded events that convey the story of the county, use public spaces, have a positive impact on the lives of residents, leverage private-sector support, and align with the Fund's economic development objectives of achieving greater patron spending and maximizing visitation to the area. Grants are awarded on a competitive basis and are judged on the project’s ability to strengthen and promote cultural assets; economic impact and community benefit; cultural/artistic merit of project; and financial and administrative oversight.
There are two categories under this program:
- Pilot Effort Special Event Partnership (“Pilot Effort”): This category is intended for new and emerging events. This is defined as an event first held no earlier than three calendar years from the year of the application date, or sooner.
- Next Level Special Event Partnership (“Next Level”): This category is intended for established Events (those not eligible under the “Pilot Effort” category) that are seeking to grow and enhance their offerings above and beyond their current level to significantly increase attendance, community-wide impact and appeal. It is the intent that these partnerships are investments in noticeable growth in the Event’s impact to bring greater returns to the community. Neither category is intended to support status quo event offerings, as this Program is not for maintaining an Event as it currently exists. This program is intended for new, emerging events and significantly expanding the impact of existing events.
Examples of Eligible Events:
- Arts Festivals
- Local Food Festivals
- River Celebration Events
- Film Festivals
- Celebration of Local Authors
- Music Festivals
- Local Community Historic Events
Allowable expenditures for reimbursement include such items as:
- Artistic, administrative, technical salary support and/or consultant fees related to the proposed program, project or event
- Event production costs (includes direct in-market expenses associated with the Event entertainers such as their hotel expenses, etc.)
- Equipment rental
- Expendable supplies/materials
- Space rental
GrantWatch ID#: 186314
- The maximum amount available for the Pilot Effort category is $50,000.
- The maximum amount available for the Next Level category is $100,000.
The grant period for the first cycle is October 1, 2019 through March 31, 2020.
Applications for the second grant cycle will be made available in January and apply to Events taking place between April 1, 2020 – September 30, 2020.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Submit applications online: https://www.dropbox.com/request/0GzjBjPrylFmVVdy0lsT
Aislinn Stone, Program Administrator
Cultural Assets Commission
601 E. Kennedy Blvd., 20th Fl.
Tampa, Florida 33602
USA: Florida: Hillsborough County