Foundation / Corporation
City of New York Mayor, Office of Media and Entertainment (MOME) and New York Foundation for the Arts (NYFA) - NYC Women’s Fund for Media, Music and Theatre
10/01/19 11:59 PM EST
Grants of up to $50,000 to New York City women playwrights, theater companies, and nonprofit and commercial producers for theater productions that feature strong female participation. Projects must be produced in New York City. Funding is intended to support theater content that reflects the voices and perspectives of all who identify as women.
- Must be an original play or book of a musical (with dialogue, lyrics and music) that has not been produced previously.
- Must be able to project a professional staging (including paid cast and crew) of the developed work by March 31, 2021 for a minimum of 5 performances in New York City.
- Must be rehearsed and performed in New York City.
The NYC Women’s Fund for Media, Music and Theatre is a government-funded program. Accordingly, applicants will be required to propose a meaningful way to provide free public access to New York City residents to the project for a limited period of time. Possibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- A free performance or invited dress rehearsal for New York City audiences;
- Free tickets by lottery, or other means to be agreed upon, over the course of the run equal to 25% of the total number of seats in the theatre for one performance.
- Other means mutually agreed to by MOME and NYFA
GrantWatch ID#: 186438
Up to $50,000
Projects must be completed by March 31, 2021.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Apply online: https://nyfawomeninfilm.submittable.com/submit
New York Foundation for the Arts (NYFA)
20 Jay Street, 7th Floor
Brooklyn, NY 11201
P: (212) 366-6900
F: (212) 366-1778
USA: New York City; New York