Virginia Department of Criminal Justice Services (DCJS)
08/06/19 5:00 PM Receipt
Grants of up to $25,000 to Virginia NGOs, nonprofits, and tribal programs providing crisis services to victims of gender-based violence for the provision of additional services. Funding is intended to support direct intervention and assistance, while expanding support services available to underserved populations.
The purpose of SASP is to provide intervention, advocacy, accompaniment (e.g., court, medical facilities, police departments), support services, and related assistance to:
- Adult, youth, and child victims of sexual assault;
- Family and household members of such victims; and
- Those collaterally affected by the victimization (e.g., friends, coworkers, classmates), except for the perpetrator of such victimization.
The Office on Violence Against Women (OVW) has identified the following priority areas for funding:
- Support rape crisis centers in providing direct intervention and related assistance.
- Support dual programs that provide sexual assault and domestic violence services to enhance their provision of direct intervention and related assistance tailored for victims of sexual assault.
- Retain core services for victims of sexual assault.
- Increase support for underserved populations, particularly communities of color, in a culturally appropriate manner, with a special emphasis on addressing the African-American, tribal, and Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender (LGBT) communities, as well as individuals with disabilities and Deaf individuals.
SASP Grants are designed to support programs and activities that provide core services, direct intervention, and related assistance to victims of sexual assault. Intervention and related assistance may include:
1. 24-hour hotline services providing crisis intervention services and referral;
2. Accompaniment and advocacy through medical, criminal justice, and social support systems, including medical facilities, police, and court proceedings;
3. Crisis intervention, short-term individual and group support services, and comprehensive service coordination and supervision to assist sexual assault victims and family or household members;
4. Information and referral to assist the sexual assault victim and family or household members;
5. Community-based, culturally specific services and support mechanisms, including outreach activities for underserved communities; and
6. Development and distribution of materials on issues related to the services described above.
GrantWatch ID#: 186468
The maximum award per applicant agency is $25,000.00. Applicants should keep requests at or under $25,000.00. Applications exceeding $25,000.00 will not be considered.
The grant period for awards made under these guidelines is for a one-year period, beginning January 1, 2020, and extending through December 31, 2020.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Fundraising opportunity for USA, Canada, and International nonprofit organizations to host a jazz concert held in honor of their organization or cause. Applicants must contact the funding source prior to applying. In addition to funds raised through concert ticket sales
Grants to USA nonprofit organizations to reduce social inequality and promote solutions to the climate crisis. Eligible programs will address the areas of racial and economic justice, corporate and political accountability; voice, creativity, and culture; and an inclusi
Grants to USA nonprofit organizations for projects that benefit women and girls. The purpose of this grant program is to effect social change and promote gender equality. Grant funds may be used to support existing or new programs. Eligible applicants must work within t
Grants to USA, Canada, and International independent filmmakers for feature-length documentary films in development stage to post-production. Funding is intended to support independent, nonfiction films that demonstrate effective storytelling, feasibility and originalit
Grant to a USA nonprofit organization to improve healthcare among underserved populations. Applicants are advised to verify or create the required registrations well in advance of the deadline date. The purpose of the program is to educate mental health professionals ab
Grant of $9,000 to a USA, Canada, or International graduate psychology student for research and demonstration projects that foster understanding of the relationship between self-identity and scholastic achievement, primarily for children in kindergarten through eighth g
Grants to USA, Mexico, and Haiti nonprofits, for-profit organizations, and government entities for programs and services that improve the quality of life for underserved children. Focus areas include working families, equitable communities, and thriving children. The Fu
Grants to USA colleges, universities, and nonprofit media arts organizations for film fellowships and scholarships. Funding is intended to support film projects by students and fellows in the early stages of their careers. Films can be comprised of, but are not limited,
Grants of up to $35,000 and grants of up to $70,000 to Virginia local units of government to increase safety and security in schools. Funding is intended to support security positions in public school campuses throughout the state. Grant funds must be used for salary an
Donations to USA nonprofit organizations for programming support for arts, pre-K-12 education, and literacy programs across the country. In addition, sponsorship opportunities are provided to USA for-profit and nonprofit organizations focusing on literacy, the arts, a