When it comes to medical bills, the total amount can often be much more than a person can handle. Additionally, when it comes to finding financial assistance to help pay for treatment, it can sometimes seem out of reach. However, grant funding opportunities are available if you know where to look.
If you are searching for health and medical grants, we recommend visiting the leading grant listing directory, GrantWatch.com. Although there might not be funding available for everyone, there are grants available to help with a range of issues.
10 Grants to Help Nurses and Patients
- Cancer patients can apply for grants of up to $750 to offset costs related to treatment.
- Families of children with cancer can apply for financial support relating to the child’s illness and treatment.
- Grants of up to $5,000 are available for children to offset the cost of medical treatments.
- Individuals with autism can apply for grants of up to $5,000 for urgent treatment needs.
- Financial assistance is also available to income-eligible individuals to cover the cost of medical care for children.
- Individuals facing a disease or serious illness can apply for grants to cover medical expenses.
- Nurses can apply for financial assistance as a result of injury, illness, or other challenging circumstances.
- Financial assistance is available to healthcare workers for mental health treatment.
- Grants are also available to first responders to offset financial hardships incurred as a result of the COVID pandemic.
- Lastly, a $50,000 grant is available to emergency nurses to research methods to keep the emergency department safe.
Bonus Grant: Reimbursement grants of up to $1,000 are available to individuals, organizations, churches, and nursing homes for the installation of equipment that will help people with disabilities.
Where to Go for More Help?
If there are no grants currently available, you can apply for assistance through the following organizations.
- 211 Org is a hotline where operators help to connect callers with free resources in their local community.
- Consumer Assistance Program helps consumers with health insurance problems.
- FindHelp.Org is an online database connecting visitors with free resources in their locality.
- Good Days provides financial assistance to people suffering from a range of life-altering chronic diseases.
- The HealthWell Foundation assists people with chronic or life-altering medical conditions.
- Hope Help Live supports fundraising efforts to help cover the cost of uncovered medical expenses.
- Leukemia & Lymphoma Society gives assistance to those suffering from leukemia and lymphoma.
- NeedyMeds assists people who cannot afford prescription drugs and other medical costs.
- National Organization For Rare Disorders provides financial assistance for life-saving medical needs.
- The PAN Foundation helps with out-of-pocket costs for people with life-threatening, chronic, and rare diseases.
- Patient Advocate Foundation helps patients who are fighting to pay medical bills by providing resources.
- Rx Assist is an online directory providing reduced-cost medications to those who cannot afford them.
- Rx Hope is a web-based patient resource that provides information to those who need help affording their prescriptions.
- For more medical debt resources, visit RIP Medical Debt.
Looking for grants? With more than 7,000 grants currently available, GrantWatch.com is the leading grant listing directory. A MemberPlus+ subscription is required to view the full grant details, including the eligibility criteria and application information. For more information, you can also visit the GrantWatch FAQ page, and to see the great value with the top 20 GrantWatch features, click here.