Every single year, almost without fail, people spend the weeks before January 1st making resolutions. For at least a quarter of Americans, these resolutions will involve some form of personal health and fitness goal. Individuals, couples, and sometimes entire families will make some kind of plan to get healthier and improve physical fitness.
Additionally, January is also National Personal Trainer Awareness Day. This day is important to celebrate because, for many people, help is needed when it comes to accomplishing their goals. In recognition of this holiday and a brand new year, GrantWatch will be sharing five of the latest grants focused on health and fitness.
Grants to Help With Physical Fitness
- Firstly, there are grants to U.S. wellness and fitness instructors for support during the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. Funding is for technology purchases and physical equipment to create a home fitness studio.
- There are also grants of up to $10,000 to U.S. nonprofit organizations for programs to improve children’s health. Funding is for programs that increase the well-being of children and youth through physical activities. The goal of the program is to encourage youth to improve their lives by leading a more active lifestyle.
- In-kind support to U.S. schools for recreational activities. The support is o implement a bicycle riding program in an elementary school. The goal of the program is to lead children to achieve personal growth and make healthier choices. The recipient will receive bikes, helmets, teacher curriculum and training, and student kits for each student participating in the program.
- Grants of $5,000 to U.S. researchers with educational institutions and/or research governing bodies for research related to fitness and health.
- And there are also grants to U.S., Canada, and International nonprofits and social enterprises for health and fitness initiatives. Funding is for projects addressing healthy aging, such as preventative health support, prevention of non-communicable diseases, community support for older people, at-home care, nutrition, mobility, mental well-being, exercise and sport, and physical fitness.
Looking for more grants like this? GrantWatch has a category for Health and Medical related grants to support critical initiatives
And also, make sure to give your organization the gift of GrantWatch this holiday season! Signing up for a paid subscription to GrantWatch will help you gain access to everything the site has to offer. Specifically, one of the tools that subscribers have access to is our exact keyword search function. This tool allows grant seekers even further to narrow down a grant search.