Nonprofits work tirelessly every day to make a positive change in their communities and around the world. In return, it is only fair that they get the support they need to continue to make a difference. While nonprofits are passionate about helping, passion is not enough to keep the doors open. Many nonprofits, especially new nonprofits, struggle financially when it comes to operational costs.
National Nonprofit Day, which falls on August 17th, commemorates the signing of the Tariff Act of 1894 when nonprofits and charitable institutions were exempted from the first federal income tax. Join GrantWatch.com, as we celebrate our nonprofits and the work they do to make all our lives better. Send a thank you note or give a shout-out on social media to a local nonprofit or to a nonprofit executive or leader that inspires you. If you’re feeling especially grateful, consider adding a donation with your thank you note!
Additionally, in recognition of the day, we are listing the top 15 grants available for nonprofits!
15 Grants for National Nonprofit Day
- In-kind grants valued at up to $10,000 are available to nonprofit organizations for marketing and website design services.
- Grants of up to $20,000 are also open to nonprofit organizations for community benefit programs and projects.
- Up to $50,000 in grant funding is available to nonprofit for capital projects to revitalize public community spaces in rural areas.
- There are also grants open to nonprofit organizations for environmental protection projects.
- Additionally, grants of up to $25,000 are available to nonprofit organizations for innovative legal service projects.
- Grants are open to nonprofit arts organizations for operating support.
- In addition, grants are also available to nonprofits for historic preservation projects.
- Grants of up to $3,000 are available to nonprofit organizations for projects to protect wildlife and natural habitats.
- Nonprofit organizations can also apply for grants to fund projects addressing food insecurity.
- Up to $20,000 in funding is available to Black-led organizations for programs to create social change.
- Grants are open to nonprofit organizations to improve the lives of injured veterans and their families.
- Opportunities are available for nonprofits to receive support for fundraising activities.
- Nonprofits are able to apply for grants for projects that address domestic violence, to benefit children and families.
- Grants are also open to nonprofit organizations for community benefit initiatives.
- Finally, there are grants of up to $1,000 to nonprofit organizations and schools to support music education.
Looking for More Grants?
Note: A subscription is to GrantWatch is required to access the full eligibility criteria, contact information for grant funders, and RFP/application links.