Garden Club of Georgia, Georgia Department of Natural Resources - Historic Preservation Division, Southeast Regional Office of the National Park Service, Atlanta History Center - Cherokee Garden Library, and Georgia Department of Economic Development (GDecD)
Grants of up to $3,000 to Georgia nonprofits, local governments, garden clubs, and other civic organizations for projects that will preserve and enhance local gardens and historic landscapes. Projects must take place at sites that are local, available to the public, and at least 50 years old.
The goals of this grant are to:
- Promote awareness of Georgia's historic landscapes and gardens
- Encourage preservation of threatened historic landscapes and gardens
- Provide seed money to assist organizations and communities in developing sound landscape preservation projects which provide public benefit
- Foster partnerships between nonprofits, local governments, garden clubs, and other civic organizations in an effort to create long-term relationships to preserve historic landscapes
Eligible activities include:
- Restoration of historic landscapes and gardens
- Development of historic landscape/garden restoration plans
- Development of cultural landscape reports
- Interpretation of the historic landscape/garden
- Enhancement of the visitor experience (this grant cycle only)
GrantWatch ID#: 150730
Up to $3,000.
Grants are funded for a one-year period.
The following organizations may apply for funding:
- Local governments
- Nonprofit organizations (501c3 and 501c6)
- Garden clubs and other civic organizations (in partnership with a local government or nonprofit organization)
- Site must be located in Georgia
- Site must be at least 50 years of age
- Site must be open to the public
- Proposed activities must be supported by historic documentation
The following activities are not eligible for funding:
- New plantings/designs
- New circulation patterns
- New site features
Funding is provided in the form of 50/50 matching grants.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Send Applications to:
The Garden Club of Georgia, Inc.
619 Orange St
Macon GA 31201
Carole Moore, DNR-Historic Preservation Division
DNR-Historic Preservation Division
254 Washington Street, SW; Ground Level
Atlanta, GA 30334