Grants of up to $3,000 to Colorado nonprofit organizations, K-12 schools, CBOs, and homeowners' associations in eligible communities for neighborhood and community projects related to the environment. Funding is intended to foster a connection between residents and the land. Projects must be located or take place within Larimer County.
Project expenditures such as costs associated with project implementation, materials, supplies, etc. Delivery or shipment of project materials is permitted but cannot exceed more than 5% of the total grant request.
Tools and equipment (e.g. GPS units, weed sprayers, etc.) may be funded to 501c3 non-profit organizations only, with acceptable justification of why they are required for implementation of the project.
- 501c3 Non-profit
- K-12 School
- Homeowner's Association (HOA)
- Community-based Organization (not a 501c3)
- Annual operating expenses of a non-profit or other organization.
- Salaries and/or project planning expenses, except for research projects.
- Transportation expenses; except for provision of access to open spaces for those experiencing barriers and research projects.
Learn how the program works, important updates, how to submit a competitive application and other tips! Once registered, you will receive a confirmation email and instructions on how to join the webinar. The webinar recording will be posted on the Full Grant Text RFP link once it becomes available.
All applications must be received through the online form by 11:59 p.m. on Friday, October 13, 2023.
- October: The Program Officer will conduct an initial review of the applications and verify project eligibility.
- November – December: Review undertaken by the Small Grants subcommittee, consisting of three (3) open land advisory board members and Larimer County staff.
- January – February: The funding recommendations are presented by staff to the Open Lands Advisory Board. The board ultimately makes the final selection of grant awards. The Program Officer will notify awardees and finalize contracts and declarations.
- March: All grant contracts must be signed and returned to the Program Officer before expenditures for the project can be spent.