Foundation / Corporation
Western History Association
04/15/19 Postmarked or receipt
Award of $1,000 to a USA media exhibit, written work, or public program for an outstanding project that has enhanced public appreciation of North American West history. The prize is awarded to projects that contribute to a broader public reflection and appreciation of the past or serve as a model of professional public history practice in the history of the North American West.
Eligible projects include, but are not limited to:
- Media such as web pages, web-based video, audio, blogs, documentaries, and films
- Public Programs such as lecture series, walking tours, oral history projects, outreach activity, educational offerings, workshops, etc.
- Written Works such as research, reports, brochures, working papers, etc. or historical fiction (including books), that contribute to larger public history efforts to broaden public history understanding
- Exhibits in museums, cultural centers, and other public venues
The award committee will evaluate nominations based on these factors:
- Creative and/or innovative aspects of the project, particularly the ways in which it interprets the past for public audiences
- The project’s use of historical resources and methods of analysis—such as material culture, oral history, and documentary source analysis—to interpret the past
- The project’s social, civic, and intellectual impact on its target audiences
- The project’s importance to improving the public’s understanding of the history and cultures of the American West.
GrantWatch ID#: 160702
The award consists of a $1,000 prize and a certificate to the award recipient.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Josh Garrett-Davis, Chair
700 Western Heritage Way
Los Angeles, CA 90027
1110 James E. Rogers Way
Tucson, AZ 85721
Department of History
Loyola University, Chicago
1032 W. Sheridan Rd.
Chicago, IL 60660
USA: Alabama; Alaska; Arizona; Arkansas; California; Colorado; Connecticut; Delaware; Florida; Georgia; Hawaii; Idaho; Illinois; Indiana; Iowa; Kansas; Kentucky; Louisiana; Maine; Maryland; Massachusetts; Michigan; Minnesota; Mississippi; Missouri; Montana; Nebraska; Nevada; New Hampshire; New Jersey; New Mexico; New York City; New York; North Carolina; North Dakota; Ohio; Oklahoma; Oregon; Pennsylvania; Rhode Island; South Carolina; South Dakota; Tennessee; Texas; Utah; Vermont; Virginia; Washington, DC; Washington; West Virginia; Wisconsin; Wyoming