Foundation / Corporation
Lake Region Arts Council (LRAC) - McKnight Foundation
Grants of $750 to Minnesota individual artists for professional and creative development. Funding is intended for artists residing in the counties of Becker, Clay, Douglas, Grant, Otter Tail, Pope, Stevens, Traverse, and Wilkin. First-time applicants are strongly encouraged to contact the funding source before beginning an application. Events related to the funded project must be open to the general public.
Examples of LRAC Basic Artist Grant requests may include training, production, presentation, supplies, equipment, and services, as well as creative time, travel or living expenses to create artwork.
GrantWatch ID#: 163527
The grant request is $750.
Projects must take place after September 20, 2017. Grantees have up to 12 months from their start date to complete their project.
Eligible Individual Applicants Must Be All Of The Following As Of The Application Deadline:
1. An applicant is an individual artist in any arts discipline.
2. An applicant is a resident of the LRAC region for a minimum of 6 months. The LRAC region includes the nine counties of Becker, Clay, Douglas, Grant, Otter Tail, Pope, Stevens, Traverse and Wilkin. Residency is determined by voting location, payment of Minnesota state income taxes, possession of a valid Minnesota driver’s license or current utility bill.
3. An applicant is at least 18 years of age.
4. An applicant is a United States citizen or have permanent resident alien status.
5. An applicant has submitted a complete and accurate application online with all supporting documents and work samples.
1. An applicant has received an LRAC Artist Quick Start Grant within the previous 12 months.
2. An applicant has received an LRAC Career Development grant within the previous three years.
3. An applicant has an LRAC Fellowship grant within the previous five years.
4. An applicant has an outstanding final report due to the LRAC.
5. An applicant cannot relocate their legal residence outside the nine county LRAC region during the year of the grant project or until the approval of the final report. Note: if grantee leaves the LRAC region before completion of the grant project, the grant funds be returned.
6. LRAC Board Directors, LRAC employees, or an independent contractor for LRAC or family members of LRAC Board, employees or independent contractors. Family members are defined as spouse, domestic parent, parent, child or spouse of a child.
The LRAC Artist Quick Start Grant Will Not Fund:
1. Any project that does not have the fine arts as its primary focus.
2. Tuition or materials for college or university credit.
3. Projects that have received funding from the Minnesota State Arts Board.
4. Projects that are a routine completion of work in progress or are a continuation of past work unless there is a new or expanded focus or audience.
5. Development of curriculum plans, teaching materials, teaching programs or workshops, regardless of location to be presented.
6. The translation or editing of material that is not a literary work of art or that is the work of someone other than the applicant.
7. Payment of debts incurred before the grant request is approved.
8. All activities that are essentially for the religious socialization of the participants or audience.
9. Living or travel costs which are intended to provide experiences and not artistic growth.
10. All events from which proceeds will benefit a secondary group.
Applicants are encouraged to contact the LRAC office to discuss their potential grant application. Appointments are available by phone or in person. First time applicants are especially encouraged to contact the LRAC office prior to starting an application, after first reviewing the guidelines and application instructions.
In the case of a grant for travel and living expenses to create artwork, the applicant will receive an initial payment of 50% of the grant. The final 50% will be paid upon submission of the final report and documentation of artwork.
Grant Round Start Date: Monday, July 10, 2017
Application Deadline: Midnight, Tuesday, August 8, 2017
Grant Review: Tuesday, September 19, 2017
For Projects taking place after September 20, 2017.
Applicants are notified of funding decisions within two weeks after the grant review. A notification email will be sent to the applicant.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Apply online: http://www.LRACgrants.org
Betsy Ostenson, Grants Manager
Toll Free 800-262-2787 (MN)
LRAC Offices are located in the Historic River Inn
133 South Mill Street
Fergus Falls, MN 56531
USA: Minnesota: Becker, Clay, Douglas, Grant, Otter Tail, Pope, Stevens, Traverse, and Wilkin Counties