Foundation / Corporation
American Zionist Movement (AZM)
Scholarships to USA college students and post-college young adults to study at a university or attend a long-term program in Israel. Funds will be awarded to a limited number of young adults who plan to study at an eligible Israeli university or attend a qualifying long-term, post-college program.
The scholarship seeks to recognize candidates who have demonstrated academic excellence, pro-Israel activity in their personal lives and show a commitment to future involvement with the Jewish and Zionist community. Preference is given to candidates who decide to spend the full year in Israel.
Recipients of the Helyn B. Reich Scholarship will be expected to remain involved with the American Zionist Movement following their return to the United States. Involvement may include promotion of the American Zionist Movement or one of its member organizations and attendance at AZM events and telephone and e-mail contact with future scholarship applicants.
GrantWatch ID#: 176540
Preference will be given to students attending their program for a full year.
University Student Eligibility:
- Applicants must be American and studying at an American college or university with a minimum GPA of 3.5.
- Applicants must have been accepted to study in Israel at an undergraduate program at Ben-Gurion University, University of Haifa, or Tel Aviv University for a minimum of one semester (Preference given to students attending for a full year). Note: Students applying to a seminary, summer program or gap year program are not eligible for this scholarship.
- Applicants must be actively engaged with pro-Israel activities on their college campus and/or Jewish community in the United States.
Post-University Applicant Eligibility:
- Applicants must be American.
- Applicants must have been accepted to participate in a MASA Israel Journey program such as Israel Career Experience, OTZMA or WUJS Institute-Arad program for a minimum of one session (Preference given to students attending for a full year). Click here for a full list of MASA Israel programs : http://www.masaisrael.org/programs Please note that not all programs can qualify and that participants in Graduate Programs and Summer Programs are not eligible for this scholarship.
- Applicants must be actively engaged with pro-Israel activities in their Jewish community in the United States.
Reich scholarships are awarded each fall and spring.
The deadline to apply for the Spring 2018 Scholarship is January 10, 2018.
For applications as well as information about scholarship eligibility please click on the corresponding link below:
Information about scholarships for University Study in Israel: https://www.azm.org/helyn-b-reich-scholarship-information-for-university-students
Information about scholarships for Post-University Programs in Israel: https://www.azm.org/helyn-b-reich-scholarship-information-for-post-university-students
Click on the links in the Supporting Documents section below to download the Helyn B. Reich Post-University and University Scholarship Applications.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
American Zionist Movement
40 Wall Street, Suite 706
New York, NY 10005
USA: Alabama; Alaska; Arizona; Arkansas; California; Colorado; Connecticut; Delaware; Florida; Georgia; Hawaii; Idaho; Illinois; Indiana; Iowa; Kansas; Kentucky; Louisiana; Maine; Maryland; Massachusetts; Michigan; Minnesota; Mississippi; Missouri; Montana; Nebraska; Nevada; New Hampshire; New Jersey; New Mexico; New York City; New York; North Carolina; North Dakota; Ohio; Oklahoma; Oregon; Pennsylvania; Rhode Island; South Carolina; South Dakota; Tennessee; Texas; Utah; Vermont; Virginia; Washington, DC; Washington; West Virginia; Wisconsin; Wyoming