In-kind donations of equipment to Oregon and Washington nonprofit organizations in eligible locations. The purpose of the program is to support organizations that address the health needs of local residents. Organizations must be located in and serve communities within the Kaiser Permanente Northwest service area, which includes communities throughout Oregon and southwest Washington state.
The Surplus Property Donation Program will remain open through November 30, 2023.
Organizations can re-apply annually for consideration.
Kaiser Permanente does not take specific requests for items. All donated items are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
Nonprofit organizations must intend to use the donated items themselves. They may not obtain surplus property from the warehouse for the purpose of selling the items.
All nonprofit organizations are required to sign a bill of sale at the time of donation and to send an acknowledgment letter to Kaiser Permanente.
- A determination of approval is made after the requested materials are submitted and reviewed by Kaiser Permanente of the Northwest. This may take up to 4 weeks.
- Organizations are approved on an annual basis and are free to re-apply annually. The required due diligence documentation must be resubmitted for each calendar year.
- A T&C, or terms and conditions, letter must be signed by your organization’s executive director or another authorized representative and returned to Kaiser Permanente. It must be signed by a Kaiser Permanente representative to be valid. Both the expiration date of the approval period and the number of allowed warehouse visits are included in the T&C letter.
- A copy of the T&C letter with both signatures will be emailed to your organization, along with information on arranging a visit to the warehouse. Representative(s) from your organization will need to bring this signed letter with you when visiting our warehouse.
- If your organization’s request is not approved, you will be notified.