Foundation / Corporation
Bob Evans Farms - Our Farm Salutes and Bunker Labs
03/20/19 11:59 PM ET
Grant of $30,000 and grants of in-kind support to USA nonprofits and military veterans to help launch or expand their businesses. Past funding has supported a variety of businesses with products and services such as hydroponic vegetables, dog treats, virtual reality simulations, and medical scrubs.
Bob Evan Farms is seeking applications from veterans with an entrepreneurial idea or a business that needs a boost. Applicants are invited to submit their business plan for a chance to win a grant to help turn their idea into a success.
Bob Evans Farms is giving away a Veterans-only business grant and coaching from investor and entrepreneur on ABC's Shark Tank, Daymond Jon. Created by Bob Evans Farms, Inc. in 2016, “Our Farm Salutes” is committed to supporting America’s service members, veterans, and their families through volunteerism, strategic partnerships, grant opportunities, awareness, and donations.
In their continued support for the military community, Bob Evans Farms has partnered with Bunker Labs, a national non-profit organization that helps veterans and their spouses start and grow sustainable businesses.
GrantWatch ID#: 185385
3 finalists and 1 grand prize winner
Prize for three (3) Finalists:
- *Coaching: A coaching session with Daymond John, to discuss what it takes to make a business successful (no retail value)
- A trip for two to New York City (tentative dates April 24, 25, 26, 2019, or such other dates as determined by the Contest Entities in their sole discretion)
- Two (2) round-trip coach tickets from major metropolitan airport closet to Finalist’s home to New York City;
- Three (3) nights at a moderate priced Hotel in New York City
***A gift card in the amount of $750 cash for meals, ground transportation, parking, baggage fees, tips and other expenses
The sole Winner, as determined by the Panel from amongst the three (3) Finalists, will receive the following prize:
- $30,000 grant to launch or expand their business or charity (retail value $30,000).
- *Mentorship: A mentoring session with Daymond John, to discuss what it takes to make a business successful (no retail value)
- Average retail value of Grand Prize: $30,750.00
* If for any reason Finalist is unavailable or unable to travel on the dates indicated above, the Mentorship and all related travel, including the gift in the amount of $750, will be forfeited.
Contest is open only to persons who, as of date of Entry, are legal residents of the United States or the District of Columbia and are at least eighteen (18) years or older (or the age of majority in their state of residence if greater than eighteen (18), whichever age is older), a veteran (as defined by Title 38 of the Code of Federal Regulations as a person who served in the active military, naval, or air service (inclusive of: Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps, Coast Guard Merchant Marines, National Guard and the Reserve Forces for all branches of the U.S. Military), who was discharged or released under conditions other than dishonorable) and own an independent, non-franchised, business registered to conduct business or has a business plan to conduct business as an independent, non-franchised, business in the Continental United States, Alaska, Hawaii or the District of Columbia. This Contest is void where prohibited by law. The Contest is subject to all applicable Federal, state and local laws and regulations.
Proof of military service is not required during submission phase. Verifiable proof of military service will be required if an entrant is identified as a potential winner.
Not for profit 501(c)(3) organizations (defined as a nonprofit organization that has been approved by the Internal Revenue Service as a tax-exempt, charitable organization) are eligible to participate. Verifiable proof of not for profit 501(c)(3) status will be required if an entrant is identified as a potential winner.
Non-eligible participants: employees, officers, directors, shareholders, franchisees, franchisees’ employees, and the immediate family members of the Contest Entities and their respective parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies, advertising and promotion agencies, legal and financial advisors, panel of judges (and their immediate family members as defined below), or affiliate of any of the foregoing are not eligible to enter this Contest. For purposes of this Contest, "immediate family members" means parents, spouses, children, siblings, in-laws, grandmothers, or grandfathers. Candidates running for public office or existing members of public office and convicted felons (voluntary submission of a background check required to be determined a Winner of this Contest) are not eligible to enter this Contest.
Contest Dates: The Bob Evans Farms “Heroes to CEOs” Contest begins February 18, 2019 at 9:00:00 AM Eastern Standard Time (“EST”) and ends March 20, 2019 at 11:59:59 PM EST. During the Contest Period, there are a series of events which start and end on or about the dates and times noted below:
- Entry submission period: 2/18/19 at 9:00:00 AM EST - 3/20/19 at 11:59:59 PM EST
- Judging for top 10 quarter-finalists: 3/21/19 at 12:00 AM EST - 4/1/19 at 11:59:59 PM EST
- Quarter-finalists narrowed to top 5 semi-finalists: 4/2/19 at 12:00 AM EST - 4/5/19 at 11:59:59 PM EST
- Top 5 semi-finalists clearance process: 4/6/19 at 12:00 AM EST - 4/17/19 at 11:59:59 PM EST
- Top 3 finalists selected: 4/18/19 at 12:00:00 AM EST - 4/19/19 at 11:59:59 PM EST
- Final panel judging: On April 25, 2019
- Winner announcement online: On or About April 26, 2019
All dates are Eastern Standard Time unless noted otherwise.
Entries may only be submitted online at the Contest Website. An Entry may only be submitted by a single individual.
Past Recipients: https://www.bobevansgrocery.com/our-story/our-farm-salutes/
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
To complete and submit the entry form, see the URL for Full Text link below.
Bob Evans Farms, Inc., 8111 Smith's Mill Road, New Albany, OH 43054
USA: Alabama; Alaska; Arizona; Arkansas; California; Colorado; Connecticut; Delaware; Florida; Georgia; Hawaii; Idaho; Illinois; Indiana; Iowa; Kansas; Kentucky; Louisiana; Maine; Maryland; Massachusetts; Michigan; Minnesota; Mississippi; Missouri; Montana; Nebraska; Nevada; New Hampshire; New Jersey; New Mexico; New York City; New York; North Carolina; North Dakota; Ohio; Oklahoma; Oregon; Pennsylvania; Rhode Island; South Carolina; South Dakota; Tennessee; Texas; Utah; Vermont; Virginia; Washington, DC; Washington; West Virginia; Wisconsin; Wyoming