Did you know that there are several current available grants for artists? Grantors are showing their appreciation for the arts by increasing their funding for the creative community. GrantWatch has over 1500 grants listed in the arts and culture category. Our grant researchers add new grants daily.
Today’s article will focus on financial assistance grants for the creative community. Here are 8 grants
- Grants of $3,000 to USA artists for urgent needs due to emergencies, including Coronavirus (COVID-19). Funding is intended to provide immediate assistance to artists who have faced unforeseen events that have negatively impacted their ability to exhibit, produce, and market their artwork.
Grants are open to artists working in a craft discipline.
- USA, Canada, and International eligible artists should apply for this grant to support professional and personal needs. Funding is intended for a range of artists, including sculptors, painters, and those who work on paper. Eligible expenses include funds to cover basic living expenses, to create new work, rent studio space, purchase supplies, prepare for exhibitions, and attend a residency.
Eligible artists are those who are actively exhibiting their work in professional artistic venues, such as galleries or museum spaces.
- Grants of up to $5,000 to USA, Canada, and International individuals to address emergency needs. Grant funds may be used to respond to urgent needs such as food, medical and dental expenses, transportation, housing, and utilities. Eligible applicants include musicians, producers, agents, record company employees, and other bluegrass music professionals. Families of such individuals may also qualify for assistance.
Applicants must demonstrate a financial emergency or circumstance involving dire need.
- Grants to USA individual artists for urgent financial assistance. The purpose of this program is to provide funds to authors, playwrights, lyricists, and composers who are in dire need due to illness such as COVID-19, natural disasters, government shutdown, or other severe hardships.
Funds are most often used for necessary expenses, such as rent, groceries, utility bills, and medical expenses.
- This grant of $2,000 is for USA artists to mitigate losses due to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. Funding is intended to provide support to artists who have experienced the cancellation or postponement of exhibitions or performances. Currently, this fund is focused on providing support to choreographers, composers, playwrights, directors, visual artists, and poets.
- Jazz and blues performers should apply for this grant for urgent needs in response to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) global health crisis. Funding is intended to provide emergency assistance to jazz and blues performers and their families to cover basic living expenses. Eligible applicants may be struggling due to illness, old age, lack of work, or other circumstances. These artists live precariously even in good economic times, with no job security and minimal savings. Now they face an indefinite period of financial free fall, with months of gigs lost already.
- Grants of up to $1000 to USA individuals to mitigate losses due to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. Funding is intended to support illustrators, authors, and other publishing professionals. Eligible applicants have been impacted financially by the crisis due to income loss.
- Grants ranging from $500 to $3,000 to USA professional musicians requiring emergency financial assistance. Applications may be submitted by established musicians representing any instrument or genre. The purpose of this program is to support American musicians by covering emergency medical and living expenses.
Log on to GrantWatch.com to find additional grants for the creative community.