Governor Larry Hogan, of Maryland, awarded $600,000 to ten different historical restoration projects in the state. These grants will be awarded through the Maryland Historical Trust to Maryland nonprofit organizations and government agencies.
Governor Larry Hogan had this to say about the projects that were funded:
“The program encourages restoration and rehabilitation of historic properties across the state and is one more way we can preserve and protect Maryland’s history and culture.”
The grant program was put into place in 1978, where it has helped hundreds of properties with restoration. Individuals, business entities, and local jurisdictions, and nonprofits are all eligible to apply.
The Maryland Historical Trust was formed in 1961 to:
“assist in identifying, studying, evaluating, preserving, protecting, and interpreting the state’s significant prehistoric and historic districts, sites, structures, cultural landscapes, heritage areas, cultural objects, and artifacts, as well as less tangible human and community traditions”.
And here’s what the The Capital Grant Program actually covers in terms of restoration projects:
- Physical Preservation Projects
- Consulting services needed in the development of a construction project
Organizations can apply for up to $100,000 per project.
Here are the list of projects that were funded under this last round of funding grants:
- Lovely Lane United Methodist Church (Baltimore City) ($100,000)
- Schifferstadt Architectural Museum (Frederick County) ($40,000)
- His Lordship’s Kindness (Prince George’s County) ($100,000)
- Mount Clare Museum (Baltimore City) ($11,000)
- Bostwick House (Prince George’s County) ($76,000)
- National Park Seminary (Montgomery County) ($100,000)
- Ebenezer A.M.E. Church and Parish House (Baltimore City) ($100,000)
- Calvin B. Taylor House (Worcester County) ($45,000)
- B&O WB Tower (Frederick County) ($15,000)
- Christ Rock M.E. Church (Dorchester County) ($13,000)
Nonprofits can get grant application details on historical restoration grants by clicking at the following link – https://www.grantwatch.com/grant/124187/grants-to-maryland-nonprofits-and-agencies-for-historical-preservation-projects.html. Other grants for organizations in the state of Maryland is listed here – https://maryland.grantwatch.com.