With the fall of the Champlain Towers South condominium building in Surfside, Florida, on June 24, there’s no better time to highlight some of the top relief grants available in the region from GrantWatch:
1) Grants of up to $25,000 to U.S. fire departments for training, technology and equipment. Interested applications are required to submit a letter of inquiry prior to submitting the full application. Deadline for LOI: 8/15/21. Deadline for application: 10/1/21.
2) Grants of up to $25,000 to U.S. and Puerto Rico fire departments, EMS agencies, law enforcement agencies, public safety and nonprofit organizations, and schools in eligible areas to improve emergency response capacity. Deadline: 8/18/21.
3) Grants to U.S. nonprofit organizations to meet basic human needs, promote community vitality and encourage volunteerism in communities in which the funding source does business. Deadline: 1/15/22.
4) Grants to U.S. organizations and fire departments to respond to fires and disasters and offer assistance to victims. Individual affected by a fire or disaster may also apply for financial assistance. Deadline: Ongoing
5) Grants to nonprofit organizations for urgent disaster relief. Funding is intended for cases where the applicant lacks food or shelter due to the disaster and urgently requires assistance. Deadline: Ongoing
6) Grants of up to $10,000 to Florida nonprofits in eligible locations to address the ongoing and emergency needs of the organization. Deadline: Ongoing.
7) Grants up to $5,000 in U.S. and territories archival repositories for urgent assistance following a serious disaster. Funding is intended for services, supplies labor costs to recover damaged and threatened archival materials. Deadline: Ongoing.
GrantWatch.com stands ready to assist the nonprofit organizations and municipal agencies involved with the ongoing search and rescue efforts, by giving them the opportunity to find potential grant money. Site access is being offered for free during the month of July to all nonprofit agencies, municipal agencies and businesses involved in the search and rescue efforts in Surfside.
Police, fire, recovery, medical, faith-based organizations, family and grief counseling organizations and businesses providing supplies and services in the area are eligible and can also view our GrantWatch FAQ page for more information.