In today’s society, technology affects the way we communicate, learn, and think. Over the years, technology has revolutionized the world, with developmental strides continuing to be made. This #TechTuesday, GrantWatch is sharing the 10 latest grants available to help support the progress and advancement of technology in everyday life.
The 10 Latest Technology Grants
1. Are you a wellness or fitness instructor? Funding is now available for technology purchases and physical equipment to create a home fitness studio. This grant is meant to support instructors so that they can continue to help their students grow mentally, physically, and emotionally during this difficult period.
2. Is your household eligible to receive financial assistance for broadband services? Income-eligible families can apply for discounted internet service costs and a one-time discount towards a computer, tablet, or laptop. This funding is to help connect individuals to virtual classrooms, jobs, and critical healthcare services.
3. Are you an entrepreneur in digital health technology? Fellowships are open to startups developing software or hardware that utilizes digital platforms to improve the health and wellbeing of citizens. Additionally, successful startups are eligible for startup funding, professional development, mentorship, and lab space.
4. Is your small business also developing new technologies? Grants are available for the development of technically risky and innovative technologies in nearly any science and technology field. Socially and economically disadvantaged small businesses and women-owned small businesses are encouraged to participate as well.
5. Are you an early-stage climate or sustainability tech startup? Startups working to address environmental and climate crises may be eligible to receive in-kind support and grants. Projects that focus on climate tech, decarbonization, sustainability, renewables, or conservation are encouraged to apply.
“The technology you use impresses no one. The experience you create with it is everything.” – Sean Gerety, Leading UX Practitioner
6. Can you create a positive change in the community? Micro-grants of $1,000 are available to develop small, community-based projects in a wide range of areas, technology. These micro-grants are given on a no-strings-attached basis to people and groups working on awesome projects.
7. Do you know of any STEM teachers? Grants are also available to teachers (that teach grades 6-12), to make STEM learning fun. This funding is to help increase student success rates by enhancing science, technology, engineering, and math learning.
8. Are you a post-graduate student? Fellowships are now open to carry out scientific research. For example, the areas of interest include defense industries, transportation, manufacturing, computing, electricity, chemicals, buildings, and agriculture.
9. Can you or your organization advance racial equity in STEM? Proposals should advance racial equity in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) education and workforce development through research (both fundamental and applied) and practice.
10. Are you working on technology that promotes human rights, Internet freedom, and open societies? Nonprofits, businesses, and individuals may be eligible for grants to fund open technology-focused projects or activities that promote privacy, security, freedom, and accessibility in technology.
Find More Tech Grants!
Currently, over 300 technology grants are now accepting applications as well! Visit GrantWatch.com to see the full directory of grants available to IHEs, nonprofit organizations, for-profit businesses, and individuals.
New grants are also released and added each week, so checking back on a regular basis is beneficial. In addition, you will need to upgrade to a MemberPlus+ subscription to view the full grant details, including the eligibility criteria and application. For more information, you can also visit the GrantWatch FAQ page.