It is important to remember that, as humans, we do not occupy the planet alone. So many species of animals and plants live here, and it is our responsibility to protect them. This holiday season, make sure you remember the pets and animals, along with the organizations that are helping them.
Many animal welfare organizations, including animal shelters and wildlife protection groups, are in need of funding. GrantWatch.com has a category specifically for Pets/Animals/Wildlife with nearly 300 grants available. This category includes grants for animal welfare, preservation of endangered species, equine therapy, emotional support animals, and animal shelters. Keep reading as we sharing ten grants from this category that can help provide funding for nonprofits that care for animals.
No animal should be in distress during the holidays or anytime for that matter. Along with ensuring that animal welfare organizations have funding, there are a number of other ways individuals can help animals in need.
How Can You Help?
- Head to your nearest shelter and adopt a pet. Make sure it is okay with all the people in your household first. If you do want to make this choice, then you can find the closest shelter right here.
- Volunteer at a shelter or even sign up to be a regular volunteer. This can be a great option if you are not in the position to adopt a new pet or if you just want to give back.
- Donate to a nonprofit organization that helps animals.
- Use your social media to open up a discussion on the importance of adopting directly from shelters. Use the #adoptdontshop hashtag to spread the word on this important issue.
10 Animal Welfare Grants for Organizations
- Grants are available to USA nonprofits for wildlife preservation and domestic animal welfare programs.
- USA nonprofits can apply for grants of up to $5,000 for programs that benefit animals and their caregivers.
- There are also grants available to USA nonprofit shelters to arrange accommodations for the pets of domestic violence victims.
- Additionally, there are grants of up to $3,000 to USA and Canadian nonprofits to protect wildlife and natural habitats.
- Grants are also offered to nonprofits to provide pet-care assistance to community members undergoing a crisis.
- Nonprofits and clubs can apply for grants to offset costs associated with the rescue of pets. Eligible expenses include but are not limited to supplies, spaying and neutering, and veterinary care.
- Funding of up to $2,000 is also available to nonprofits for medical procedures to benefit rescue animals and place them for adoption.
- Grants of up to $2,500 are offered to nonprofits, individuals, and shelters to cover the cost of canine medical procedures.
- Grants are also available to USA nonprofit animal organizations and government agencies for on-site health care equipment for animal care providers.
- Finally, there are grants of $1,000 to USA organizations to protect wild and domestic animals and their habitats.
Make sure to give your organization the gift of GrantWatch this holiday season! Signing up as a paid subscriber will provide you with access to more than 7,000 grants for nonprofits, small businesses, and individuals. This includes full eligibility criteria, contact information for grant funders, and application links.