Finding and applying for business grants can be a challenging process for both new and established businesses. The application process is often long and tedious. And finding startup business grants is not always easy.
In this article, I will attempt to alleviate the stress associated with locating startup business grants so that you can focus on getting your business off the ground.
Startup Business Grants
- If you are a black woman or black nonbinary entrepreneur, you should apply for this grant of $5,000 to $10,000 to support equal opportunities in business. This program aims to support high-impact ideas and solutions and break down barriers caused by racial inequality.
- Grant seekers should also apply for this grant of up to $35,000 to Minnesota technology entrepreneurs and start-ups to support business development.
- Upstate New Yorker start-up companies can also participate in a business development program, qualify for seed grants starting at $25,000, and receive in-kind mentoring and consulting services.
- In addition, Florida startup businesses willing to relocate to the City of Fort Pierce should apply for this $10,000 grant here.
- Grants are also available to Northern Ontario new businesses to support operations in emerging and existing priority sectors of the economy.
- Women entrepreneurs in the U.S. and Canada should apply for these grants for 10,000 and or $25,000. The funds are to start a business or develop an existing business.
- There are also grants of $25,000 to entrepreneurs who identify as Hispanic for capital purchases. Funding is to allow small businesses to purchase a commercial vehicle to improve the functioning of the company.
- Additionally, grants of $2,500 and in-kind services are open to entrepreneurs to start or expand their businesses. Funding is to support business start-up or growth-related costs. For example, in-kind services include accounting, reporting, incorporation, and registered agent services.
- For small businesses looking to promote growth and success in the digital economy, grants of $10,000 are available here.
- Finally, there is an opportunity for individuals and teams to participate in an accelerator program for building new startups. Funding is to bring innovative and creative ideas to fruition through an intensive period of collaboration.
Bonus grant: – Grants of up to $7,500 to Minnesota startup businesses and entrepreneurs for childcare and housing expenses. Funding is for expenses incurred by entrepreneurs, spouses, or children. Applicants must be in a high technology-related industry.
Where to Find State and Regional Small Business Grants
GrantWatch.com and its team of researchers add new grants to the website daily. The video below shows you how to navigate the website to locate grants for your business.
Watch the video on how to find business grants on our Youtube channel.