Finding and applying for business grants can be a challenging process for both burgeoning and established businesses. The application process is often long and tedious. And finding startup business grants is not always easy.
In this article, I will attempt to alleviate the stress associated with locating startup business grants so that you can focus on getting your business off the ground.
Startup business grants
- If you are a black woman or black nonbinary entrepreneur, you should apply for this grant of $5,000 to $10,000 to support equal opportunities in business. The purpose of this program is to support high-impact ideas and solutions and break down barriers caused by racial inequality.
- This grant of up to $75,000 to Minnesota businesses to offer services and counseling to entrepreneurs and local start-ups is expiring soon. The grants may be used to deliver risk capital, commercialization, statewide collaboration, and networking services. Funding is intended to support technology startups and entrepreneurs, and to position Minnesota as a leader in innovation.
Grant seekers should also apply for this grant of up to $35,000 to Minnesota technology entrepreneurs and start-ups to support business development. Grant funds may be used for business expenses, research and development, and technical assistance. The purpose of funding is to support innovative and promising scalable startups and to position Minnesota as a leader in innovation.
- If you own a business in an economically distressed area of Phoenix, you should apply for this grant of up to $10,000 to Arizona businesses for support during the Coronavirus (COVID-19) health crisis. Funding is intended to assist startups and small businesses that are facing financial hardship and loss of revenue due to the pandemic.
- Upstate New Yorker start-up companies can participate in a business development program, qualify for seed grants starting at $25,000 and receive in-kind mentoring and business development consulting services.
- New York entrepreneur, this grant is for you! Your company can participate in a business development program, qualify for seed grants starting at $25,000, and receive in-kind mentoring and business development consulting services. The program is designed to help startups by providing free mentoring and coaching services, as well as access to seed capital.
- Florida startup business willing to relocate to the City of Fort Pierce should apply for this $10,000 grant here.
- USA and Canadian female entrepreneurs can get a grant of up to $25,000 to start a business or develop an existing business.
- Grants to Northern Ontario new businesses to support operations in emerging and existing priority sectors of the economy. Funding may be used for project costs related to the startup of a business that will result in new jobs in the region.
- This business grant of up to $20,000 is for USA businesses in rural communities. I should be used for financial assistance during the Coronavirus (COVID-19) health crisis. Funding is intended to support small businesses that have been impacted by the pandemic, particularly those in underserved communities, including entrepreneurs of color, women- and veteran-owned businesses that often lack access to flexible, affordable capital.
- Women entrepreneurs in The US and Canada should apply for these grants for 10,000 and or $25,000. The funds are to be used to start a business or develop an existing business.
Where to Find State and Regional Small Business Grants
GrantWatch.com and its team of researchers add new grants to the website daily. The video below shows you how to navigate the website to locate grants for your business.
Watch the video on How to find business grants on our Youtube channel.