5 Grants to Celebrate National App Day

National App Day on December 11th encourages us to explore all the possibilities apps afford us. Short for Software Applications, “apps” quickly appeared when our mobile devices incorporated smart technologies. As the power of phones increased with processing chips, internet connectivity, and touchscreens, so have the apps that are available. Not only do today’s apps keep us connected and organized, but they also use customization to fit our ever-changing lifestyles.

To celebrate #NationalAppDay, GrantWatch is sharing these 5 technology grants:
  1. Grants of up to $5,000 are available for marketing to promote travel and tourism opportunities within the state of Alabama. This funding will help defray costs associated with brochures, websites, smartphone apps, and advertising.
  2. Grants to nonprofit and public rural healthcare providers to improve and upgrade communications technology. This funding is to support health service providers and improve their ability to offer quality medical care through increased connectivity.
  3. Grants of up to $20,000 plus in-kind services are available to colleges for students to develop technological innovations with market potential.
  4. In-kind grants of software and training is available to educators. The purpose of this program is to give teachers access to educational software to help their students practice and master math facts.
  5. Grants to businesses for the development of new technologies. Socially disadvantaged small businesses and women-owned small businesses are eligible to participate!
Discover more technology grants available on GrantWatch.com.

In 1997, the Nokia 6110 included a built-in version of the basic arcade game “Snake.” Many consider this the first mobile app. When the Apple App Store made its debut in July 2008, there were only 500 apps. As of today, there are more than 3 million apps on both the Apple and Android platforms. In addition, there are more than 4000 new ones added each day! 

Did you know: People use mobile apps more than websites! The average smartphone user spends 90 percent of their mobile time in apps, with just the remaining 10 percent spent surfing the web.

Apps will continue to change how we work, live, and play through a plethora of options for businesses, productivity, entertainment, organization, security, news, and so much more. They offer work opportunities also by creating thousands of new companies and jobs and billions of dollars in revenue.

%d bloggers like this: