The COVID-19 pandemic has caused everyone to be resilient, creative, and flexible and to constantly adjust to the new normal. It has also afforded us an opportunity to spend more time at home with family, think about what matters to us, and reflect on what we value. Use this time and these questions to meaningfully engage your family, friends, and colleagues.
- What are you grateful for this year?
- Think of a time that someone helped you. How can you help more people like that?
- What brings you happiness?
- Complete this sentence: “Today I feel . . .”
- What have you done this year to live your values?
- If you could only help one person, who would your help and why?
- What are you reading, watching, or listening to right now that is inspiring you? How does it inspire you?
- What do you hope people say about you? Why?
- Who in your life are you most grateful for? Why?
- What is your personal anthem or theme song?
- Think of a time when you benefitted from someone else’s giving. How did it impact you? How can you pay this forward?
- What was your proudest moment from the past 12 months?
- Who inspires you and why do they inspire you?
- What is the best compliment you have ever received?
- Write a thank-you note to someone who has been there for you. What have they done that has helped you? Why did you find it helpful?
- What was your most meaningful giving experience this year? Why?
- When in your life have you felt like you could never fully repay someone?
- What is your family’s history of giving and helping?
- When we return to “normal,” what pre-COVID-19 parts of your life are you going to change?
- What are you most grateful for, right now, in this moment?
- Who is someone you should say “thank you” to today? And why?
- What is something you do with your family that makes you happy?
- How would you describe yourself in six words?
- What do you hope will be different when this is all over?
And if you want to put your values of kindness, sensitivity, and giving back into action and engage your family, use the Kindness Club https://bit.ly/KC42020 which features a hands-on project for every week of the year that actively benefits and impacts others.
Wishing you continued health, strength, sanity and success.