GrantWatch.com is well-known for listing grants for nonprofits, small businesses, and individuals. The site, however, also has grants available to municipalities and government agencies. These grants include funding for a variety of city and state projects that may focus on recreation, infrastructure, tourism, transportation, public works, preservation, and many more areas.
Municipal governments oversee many departments that benefit citizens in their day-to-day lives. For example, these agencies include libraries, parks, public works, schools, local police and emergency medical services, and transportation and parking. Without funding for municipalities, towns would not be able to provide the same quality of services to their residents.
10 Grants for Municipalities and Local Government Agencies
- Grants and in-kind assistance are available for programs to increase recycling in communities across the country.
- Opportunities are open to local municipalities and counties to participate in a financial training program.
- Grants and in-kind assistance are available to create skateboard parks in disadvantaged communities.
- There are also grants available for local, state, and Tribal governments for projects to increase transportation safety.
- Grants of $10,000 to USA cities and towns to encourage collaboration among community residents.
- Grants are available to USA state and local government agencies for the acquisition and preservation of historic sites.
- Additionally, grants are open to states and tribal governments for capital projects that enable education, work, and health monitoring.
- Grants to municipalities and indigenous groups for activities to benefit communities where the funding source has a business presence.
- Grants are available to increase access to and participation in softball and baseball for youth, including capital funding projects.
- Finally, grants are available to USA state, tribal, and outlying area governments for activities to address the effects of opioid misuse and addiction.
Looking for similar grants? GrantWatch features an entire category specifically for grants related to Municipalities. Join GrantWatch to gain access to more than 8,000 grants. This includes full eligibility criteria, contact information for grant funders, and application links.