National Book Lovers Day was recognized this week. In tribute to those who still value books, as well as the authors who write them in the age of tablets, laptops and other virtual devices, here are five grants available on GrantWatch:
1) Grants of up to $15,000 to nonprofits, colleges, universities, museums, civic institutions and trade publishers for financial assistance to produce and publish non-fiction books. Funding is intended for publications on the subjects of art, architecture and design; cultural history, the city and related public issues; and conservation and preservation. Deadline: 9/1/21
2) Fellowships for individuals to study, write, and work in a library in New York. This program is open to scholars, academics, translators, writers, and visual artists. The goal of this fellowship is to promote dynamic conversations about scholarship and literature. Deadline: 9/24/21
3) Grants of up to $5,000 to individuals, libraries and organizations to compile scholarly library resource lists serving United States library patrons. Examples of lists include indexes, reading lists, webliographies and other guides to library resources that will be useful to users of all types of libraries in the United States. Deadline: 11/5/21
4) Awards of $2,000 to writers to recognize an outstanding debut literary work. Submissions must be the author’s first fiction publication. The winning stories will be published in an annually released anthology. The purpose of the award is to support emerging authors in the launch of their careers as fiction writers. Eligible submissions are short stories published or to be published in literary magazines, journals, or cultural websites. Deadline: 11/15/21
5) Awards of $3,000 to a U.S. or Canadian author and an illustrator to encourage and recognize emerging talent in children’s literature. Nominations are accepted on behalf of outstanding new illustrators and writers whose books portray the universal qualities of childhood, a strong and supportive family, and the multicultural nature of the world. Deadline: 12/31/21
When locating funding opportunities, GrantWatch.com is the leading grant search engine and databases for grant funding information.