Something we like to cover here on GrantWatch is nutrition. And, I’ve started to make a point to talk about this more. We’ve talked about food deserts, children’s nutrition programs and grants to help create community gardens. That’s because ensuring that people have access to proper nutrition, especially for children and in low-income communities, is incredibly important. And there are many ways that organizations, including nonprofits and government agencies, can help through initiatives and programs. But these important initiatives and programs do require funding. That’s where grants come in. That’s why I’m so excited to share with our subscribers, five of my favorite nutrition-related grants listed on GrantWatch.
Some of My Favorite Nutrition Grants on GrantWatch
So this time, I decided to share grants that are available in more locations and that many more of our subscribers can look into and even apply for. Many of these grants cover more than one state or location, and also may be eligible for nonprofits with more than one focus.
So let’s begin with our list:
1. These grants are available to dairy producers in the Midwest of the United States. Grants of up to $50,000 will be open to dairy producers & processors to encourage business growth and production in the states of
- South Dakota,
2. And, Grants to USA nonprofit food banks that improve programs that focus on food insecurity. These grants offer up to $25,000 to improve services for individuals who are currently experiencing food insecurity.
So, one reason this type of grant is important is that there is a real food insecurity problem in the United States. While this was improving pre-pandemic, currently the numbers are quite high. Feeding America projects that 42 million Americans, or 1 in 8, will be food insecure in 2021. And this includes 13 million children, meaning 1 in every 6 children are experiencing or will experience food insecurity in 2021.
3. There’s also grants to USA nonprofits and agencies to encourage low-income individuals to be able to buy fruits and vegetables. These grants are available to USA nonprofits and government agencies towards programs that enable low-income individuals to buy fresh fruits and vegetables.
4. And grants for Pennsylvania, New Jersey, and Delaware nonprofits to promote health. These are grants of up to $50,000 to nonprofits in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, and Delaware for health-based activities and programs related to community health, including nutrition programs.
5. And finally, we have grants for Massachusetts nonprofits, health centers, hospitals, and agencies for health programming. These grants of up to $45,000 to Massachusetts health entities to address health concerns and benefit communities.
GrantWatch Cares About Nutrition and Public Health
We hope that you find something on this list that works for you on this list. And if you’re looking for even more grants, check out the larger category. Plus, we also have a farming and agriculture category. So for any of your grant needs, you can look through our various categories to find the grants you are looking for!
And if you have any questions about these grant categories, or anything else, feel free to reach out! You can reach our customer-support team by calling 561-249-4129.