Searching for small business grants can be a daunting quest. Sometimes it seems like you need an advanced degree in cybersecurity to filter fact from fiction. Scammers are always lurking and our current economic environment has seen an increase in untoward practices.
Where to Look for Business Grants
Business grants are available through the Federal government, some state and local programs, some corporations, and foundations. Finding and reviewing small business grants is time-consuming. Eligibility can be based on your location, sales revenue to date, years in business, sex, race, and purpose of funding.
Grant Search engines like GrantWatch and MWBEZone provide an expansive database of not only small business grants but grants for nonprofits and individuals. For a nominal subscription fee, you will get access to over 600 business grants. Their team of researchers is dedicated to finding current and available grant and they add to the database daily.
6 Small Business Grants for you
- Grants of up to $10,000 to USA businesses in multiple states for Coronavirus (COVID-19) relief.
- Grants of up to $10,000 to Oregon nonprofit organizations and small businesses for workforce development initiatives.
- Grants of $10,000 and in-kind support to USA small business owners for relief during the Coronavirus (COVID-19) crisis.
- Grants to USA and territories for programs to provide assistance to minority business owners who have previously been incarcerated
- Grants typically ranging from $15,000 to $50,000 to Chicago, Illinois nonprofit organizations, and for-profit entities serving disadvantaged populations within the community.
- Grant to a Missouri or Arkansas individual artist in eligible counties to advance his or her artistic work in the visual arts.
Things to consider before seeking a small business grant
- Make sure you have the time and resources to search for a small business grant program
- Whenever possible, hire a consultant because the grant application process can be complex.
- Read the requirements carefully to ensure that you are qualified for the grant. Do not waste time applying if you do not meet the qualifications.
When you find