It’s back to school for many students. However, many schools are in need of funding to improve resources. Currently, grants are available to schools for equipment, programs and building renovations. Here are the top eight national grants for schools available on GrantWatch.
Eight Grants for Schools in the U.S.
1. Elementary schools can now apply for in-kind grants for technology software. This funding is to improve the experience of faculty, staff and students who are learning and working from home.
2. In-kind donations of computer equipment are available to PreK-12 schools. The goal of this program is to ensure that modern computer technology is present in every classroom throughout the country so that all children have the opportunity to reach their educational potential.
3. Schools can also apply for in-kind donations to benefit STEM education programs. In particular, special consideration is given to blue-collar and non-traditional STEM programs.
4. Up to $1,000 in funding is now available to schools to support string music education. This grant is to help inspire grade 5-8 school students, by exposing them to professional musicians (ie: concerts, mentoring programs, etc).
5. Public and private schools may be eligible for grants of up to $500 for educational native plant gardens. This funding is to provide youth with hands-on learning opportunities to plan, plant, and care for native plant gardens.
6. Grants of $20,000 are now open to public schools to reduce the expense of lighting systems in football facilities. This funding is to help pay for the overall system and/or installation.
7. K-12 schools can apply for grants of up to $500 to support amateur radio classroom projects. Additionally, winning applicants will also receive equipment valued at up to $1,500.
8. Up to $75,000 is available to public school districts, as well as private and public schools. This grant is to support children’s education programs, such as: environment, literacy, science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) and job training.
Discover More Grants
There are more grants available to support schools and education programs. On GrantWatch, funding opportunities are available for Elementary Education as well as Secondary Education. Additionally, there is a special category designated just for teachers to help avoid out-of-pocket costs for their classroom.
If you aren’t already an active MemberPlus+ user with GrantWatch, you will need to purchase a subscription in order to view the full grant details, including the eligibility criteria and application link. Click here to learn about the free trial that is available.